Queen City Roller Derby, being a skater owned and operated league, relies on the efforts of its members and like-minded volunteers to organize our games, events, and other efforts. We’re always on the look out for folks who are willing to devote their time to helping our league, even if they’re not skaters or officials.
What kinds of volunteers are needed?
All kinds! Our league’s operations are organized into several distinct committees:
– Public Relations: community outreach, social media, videography, and marketing
– Sponsorship: securing sponsor relationships with local businesses
– Events: organizing our afterparties, fundraisers, and community involvement
– Merchandise: developing and selling league branded products
– Training: helping our skaters develop their skills
– Production: handling track set up and tear down, fundraising, ticketing, etc. on game day
– Interleague: organizing home and away games with other roller derby leagues
– Technology: managing a/v production at games and maintaining QCRD’s online presence
– Finance: tracking league finances
Additionally, come game day, we look for volunteers to help with all aspects of our game production, from track set up to ushers to selling merchandise. Click here to sign up!
If you feel like you have something to offer in one of these areas, please contact us! To help us direct you to the right people, please include details about what you’re interested in doing.
We are also always especially on the look out for specialized technical skills – these include graphic design skills and web development skills.
Additionally, if you’re interested in offering your photography or video skills and would like a photo pass for a game, we’d like to hear from you as well! Please contact our public relations committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.